Raw, Organic, Blueberry-Quark Cheesecake Recipe
It’s Boxing Day! I don’t know about you, but I think the holidays are a great time for cheesecake (to be fair, I think it’s always a great time for cheesecake). Sadly, it’s definitely a dessert that should be consumed fairly infrequently, due to the fact that it’s pretty much just a whole lot of sugar and a whole lot of fat.
However, I’ve created a recipe for a cheesecake that is pretty darn healthy & tastes so good that you’ll be questioning its healthiness. Made from only 5 ingredients, this recipe makes a cheesecake that you could even have for dessert – I did, anyway.
Note: If you do decide to have this as your breakfast, bear in mind that you will probably need a bit more protein – I’m in the process of trying out ways to add a scoop of protein powder into the recipe.
TOTAL NUTRIENTS PER SERVING
339 kcal / 19g fat / 32g carbs / 10g protein
For the base:
- 1/2 cup pecas
- 1/4 cup dates
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup quark
- First step is to make the base – put the pecans into a food processor and blend until no big pieces remain.
- Add the dates and blend until a sticky mixture forms and there are no big chunks of dates.
- Transfer mixture into 2 freezable ramekins and press down with a spoon.
- Now to make the top layer – blend the blueberries in the food processor until it smooth.
- Add the maple syrup (you can add more or less to suit your taste preference) and blend again.
- Finally, add the quark and blend again.
- Divide the blueberry-quark mixture into the 2 ramekins pop in the freezer to set.
- Remove from freezer 10 mins before serving to allow the top layer to soften a little.
And there you have it – a delicious, raw, organic quark cheesecake made with real fruit, in less than 10 minutes; enjoy!
Are you ready to take control of your life? Book your free consultation with me today!