GUEST POST: Camelia Ophelia talks fitness fashion
I’m super excited today because my friend Tatty, creator of the wonderful fashion blog Camelia Ophelia, has written an awesome guest post all about fitness fashion; enjoy!
Hi! I’m Tatty, the blogger at Camelia Ophelia. Lola and I go back years and years so I’m super excited we’re both in the blogging game and we can swap some guest posts. Camelia Ophelia is all about affordable fashion on the high street and how best to style it. There’s no question that fashion and fitness have a lot in common, but the biggest similarity is that they’re both about feeling good.
I joined the gym about 6 months ago and the first thing I did, before actually going into the gym was buy myself a cute outfit. Because of this, I don’t necessarily know what it’s like to workout in non cute gym clothes but I don’t think I would want to. I immediately felt like I looked the part, I looked like I knew what I was doing even though I had no idea. For me, it took a lot of confidence to walk into a very intimidating place like a gym so anything to ease that and make me feel good, and confident was perfect. Now I love mixing it up with different tops and bottoms each time I go or even if I’m just doing a home work out! (Any excuse to have another outfit).
So, I thought I would share with you my top 3 fitness brands or fitness lines and my top picks from each to get your started, or even just mix up your current workout clothes. From an online brand to high street and then designer, there should be something to inspire you I hope!
Missguided Sportswear Range
I’m a big fan of Missguided and do buy from them often so was thrilled to see they had brought out a snazzy sportswear range. You get what you pay for with Missguided so it will never be top quality but it’s good enough. Ranging from sports bras to hoodies, they haven’t limited their collection in any ways, even including a pair of trainers! You can see that they’re first and foremost a fashion brand as the pieces aren’t just created for comfort but style as well.
- Active Mesh Panel Gym Leggings & Hoodie. Mesh and see-through panels is something we’re seeing more of in workout wear but this outfit is perfectly subtle, plus you can’t go wrong in black. Leggings are £16 which is a great price for any bit of gym wear and the hoodie comes in at £20.
- Active Wrk Out Slogan Gym T-shirt. Because sometimes you want to just throw on a t-shirt but still look good. This is definitely Nike inspired and looks worth more than it’s cheap £12 price tag.
- Active Racer Back Printed Sports Bra. It’s £4 in the sale, so buy it now! Sports bras are a MUST HAVE when working out (thank me later). I love this print as well, not something I’ve seen before but totally following the galaxy print trend.
My favourite go-to high street shop. If ever I’m in town shopping I always have to have a sneaky peak in H&M, which says a lot as 99% of my shopping is now done online. With sports wear though, it’s important to make sure you’re comfortable so going in store and trying it on is a big plus. Even though sportswear nowadays is created for comfort with a little amount of products that aren’t suited for our needs, H&M use a great material blend for their price points. This range really has something for all of us, whether you prefer to stick to the basics or want a more outlandish design.
- Sports Tights – Grey Marl. Because a peppered colour is much more fun than a block colour. The bright green lining is a great touch and something we see a lot of in sports wear. Super comfy and an essential at only £14.99
- Sports Bra – Coral Marl. A perfect mix & match piece to go with the sports tights. Mixing up colours but keeping the same texture is a fashion forward look. H&M always has great finishes and the straps give this bra a nice touch along with support.
- Yoga Mat. We all need copious amounts of accessories to ensure we’re putting our all into any hobby, right? I do, anyway. H&M have products ranging from water bottles to towels and even this yoga mat in their collection so you can go in empty handed, but leave a sports professional. This mat is £24.99.
Going in with something a bit more designer. I’m an Adidas fan through and through and I know Lola’s on the same page. Not just wearing Adidas garms for the gym, but everyday wear as well. There’s a reason they have had some fantastic collaborations with top brands like Stella McCartney and Topshop. Starting in the opposite way to Missguided, Adidas have broken further into the fashion industry than any other sports brand – in my opinion. With a lot of their pieces focused on fashion as well as gym and workout wear, starting your activity in something of theirs will make you feel great.
- Women Originals Trefoil Hoodie. In the colder months we must make sure to keep warm, whether it’s the dash from home to the gym or to get to a class. I’m constantly drawn in by their gorgeous prints and this is definitely one of my favourites right now. £55 is not too bad for a designer jumper either.
- Women Originals 3-Stripe Leggings. These are an absolute classic with the 3 stripes and I’m upset I haven’t bought them for myself yet! Coming in at only £25, it’s a really reasonable price for a timeless piece of sports wear.
- Women Running Ultra Boost ST Shoes. I couldn’t finish off without a pair of trainers could I!? Pastels are going to be making a big appearance this spring so these coral beauties are right on trend. The right trainer can make a big difference to your performance so head to a trusted brand like Adidas for your trainers. The most pricey item on the list but well worth it.
And that’s you covered, for now… Hopefully I’ll be back again with a guest post at some point.